Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ginisang Kalabasa or Sauteed Kabocha Squash

For easy to prepare dish for today, decided to cook something healthy that every one in my family will enjoy. Like I said in my previous post, I just recently got back on my feet and still slowly getting back to my usual day to day activities. So for today I made some easy, healthy and delicious Ginisang Kalabasa with Dahon ng ampalaya or Sautéed Kabocha Squash with Bittermellon leaves.  Healthy because  squash is a good source of vitamin A and dietary fiber, then the ampalaya leaves regulates your blood and the green beans- good source of protein. You could eat it as is or eat it with some brown or  white steamed rice. Below is the picture of the Ginisang Kalabasa as I just cooked it.
Ginisang Kalabasa or Sauteed Kabocha Squash


Ingredients:

Kabocha Squash cut into desired bite size but make sure it's not too small or else it will get over cooked easily.
Onion chopped
Garlic chopped
Tomatoes chopped
Ground meat or cubed meat optional
Water just enough to simmer the veggies
Salt n pepper to taste


Procedure:
You could either add meat or fish flakes to this dish or not at all (optional)
If adding meat, boil meat till tender then set aside.
Sautéed onion, Garlic and tomatoes then add meat. Sauté till meat is brown then add veggies and then water. Simmer  and when almost done  if adding fish not meat..add the cooked flake fish…simmer for few more minutes . Serve hot by it self or serve it with steamed white or brown rice ... Enjoy



No comments: