Sunday, November 4, 2007

Adobong Pusit or Adobong Squid

Adobong Pusit was prepared on "ourmeza" or table for dinner together with some fried lemon and pepper stripebass, some steamed rice and for drinks we had some icecold lemonade.

I was talking to my cousin just the other day and when I asked her what they're having for lunch she said "adobong pusit". We havent had it for quite sometime now, so right away I knew I've got to cook it for dinner. So told her hmm " I think I'll make that for dinner too." Most of the time if not all the time if we were/are talking to each other (my cousin and I) we'll end up talking about what to cook ..so vice versa she'll get an idea from me of what to cook and there were/are times I'll get some idea from her of what to cook too.

Anyway.. it is that time for me to go to the asian grocery store to buy some of our food supplies so the timing is just perfect because I really want to cook the "adobong pusit". In the store, luckily found some goodlooking medium size squid or "pusit".


To cook, ingredients are:



1 pound of squid or pusit

1/2 head of garlic

1 onion

ginger (optional)

2 Serano Chili

suka or vinegar ( 1 1/2 ladle)

Green Onions or scallions

Pepper,patis ( a ladle) or salt to taste


Procedure:



Clean your squid in the running water. Take out the innards. It is up to you if you want to save the head. But make sure you take out the teeth or the plastic like from the inside. Take out most of the skin ( taking out the skin is optional but I normally take it out)

If using large size squid. need to cut it in half at least. If using medium size or smal size squid leave it be.


Saute garlic and onion followed by the squid and patis. Let it simmer...add your vinegar and let it simmer and dont stir it until it boiled. When almost done add pepper and salt if needed ( you've added the patis already so salt is really not needed) and green onion for garnish.



Serve it hot with steamed rice...side salad or any steamed vegetables...together with some fried lemon and pepper fish...in my case I've fried some stripebass with lemon and pepper. And the icecold lemonade is just perfect for this dish.



Another easy, tasty meal prepared on "ourmeza" enjoyed by my family and I.

No comments: