Monday, November 26, 2007

Crab Salad


Crab Salad was one of the dish we've shared during "Thanksgiving" (aside from the turkey, pancit sotanghon, menudo, spaghetti, bibingka, cheese cake, kaldereta and short ribs bbq, etc) get together at my parent's home.

It could be made a day before the get together or celebration. What made me make this dish? Well aside from I used to buy them from our local deli when theres a family get together even before I got married, my husband recently had it in his work and enjoyed it very much. He requested it and so as a doting wife, his wish is my command..lol... So decided to make it. I've made enough for everyone to enjoy lavishly and still have some leftover to enjoy for a few more days. Normally if you would buy some crab salad in the local deli it cost too much for not too much..lol you know what I mean, so making it would be just perfect. Affortable (meaning making it cost much much less), freshly made and the taste is just perfect.

Ingredients:

Flake style crab meat

sour cream

mayonaise

celery

carrots

capers

lemon zest
lemon juice

red onion

salt and pepper to taste
Procedure:
Cut all ingredients into cubes, then mix in the sour cream, mayonaise. When mixed add the flake style crab meat. Season it with salt and pepper according to your taste. Enjoy!

No comments: