Sunday, September 16, 2007

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Stir-fried Squash



Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Stir-fried Squash was prepared on our "meza" last nite for dinner.


I've marinated the chicken last Thursday nite so I could grill it for friday night dinner and I've cut the squash julienned for our side vegetable dish but my husband called Friday afternoon and said that he'll be bringing some sub sandwich and not to cook anymore because he wants to drive around before sunset to unwind after a stressful week at work. And so after a quick dinner, we drove up to the hill and there, we could see the city and the view are simply amazing. And up there you'll have this feeling of as if you are so faraway from the worries of world because you are overlooking it. No wonder others pay millions of dollars to live up there. But we also notice that there are huge houses or a mansion per se around the area but it seems so empty and no sign of anyone living out there. Oh well to each its own I guess.


Anyway, so last nite I finally grilled the marinated teriyaki chicken and I've stir-fried the squash. And I've cut some fresh tomatoes too for garnish. Steamed rice was prepared also and some water melon as our fruit dessert. Delicious, healthy, tasty, light and one satisfying meal prepared on our "meza".




Tip: If I have extra time and I know what I would cook the next day, I tend to start preparing for it like cutting the ingredients and etc. so that I wont be in the kitchen for a long time and I'll have plenty of time to spend some quality time with my husband and son after work and school.







No comments: